Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Way to represent!!!

While browsing job listings on Monster.com, I came across this description of a company:

TWO Group, is a German-owned company with it's headquarters in Stuttgart German and Guangzhou China, and offices in UK, USA, Czech and Hong Kong.​

This short statement probably has the highest error-to-word count I've seen in quite a while. Beginning with an errant comma between the subject and verb, it quickly moves into an it's/its error. Pausing the error-train only briefly, the listing misnames the country of origin (Germany), while at the same time omitting the comma between city and country, and finally naming a language (Czech) instead of a country (the Czech Republic)!

If this is how the company chooses to represent itself, I don't think I'd want to work there.

Source: http://jobview.monster.com/IT-Consultant-Job-Chicago-IL-US-85251165.aspx

Now, some of you might wonder what brought me to this listing in the first place. Well, wonder no more! It is simply this: Having just completed my M.A. in German Literature to go along with my B.A. in German and my B.S. in Computer Science, I now need to find gainful employment. I'd like to go into translating or IT work, or perhaps do paid proofreading/editing for some of you big blogs out there. If anyone knows of a position that could use my skills, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment