Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hide and Seek?

It's easy to make a typo or skip a letter when writing out a quick blog post. Not so simple, I imagine, would be skipping an entire word. This seems to be the case in the following, from a Boing Boing Gadgets post about using Nike+ to help train when running.

What irked me about the idea of running was that I had nothing to measure my progress against. "It feels good" and "it improves heart health" were too amorphous and unquantifiable for me. I needed something that would keep count the way we keep score in basketball or volleyball, the I know I just climbed a 5-10b at the climbing gym or rocked a double black diamond skiing.

What I want to focus on is there in the last sentence. It just feels incomplete. My best guess, she was trying to describe the feeling of accomplishment and left out the "feeling" part at the end. Another complaint: since this is being used as a descriptor, a sort of compound adjective, it should be hyphenated - "the I-know-I-just-did-that-cool-stuff feeling." Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I think it serves a purpose here.

Source: http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/04/28/how-nike-plus-is-hel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment