Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Even the newspaper's getting in on the act!

While they're not "professional" writers, per se, contributors to the local college paper are seeing their work in print, with an editor to review it. Many of them are journalism students, planning on entering the workforce as professional writers upon graduation. So, imagine my surprise when I found the following mistake in a recent article:

I was informed that I was booked on a flight for Tuesday, though this was not very reassuring as, as I was previously booked on the flight that had just taken off without me.

Not only is the 'as' doubled here, the first one is even misplaced, appearing before the comma!

Source: http://oudaily.com/news/2009/mar/24/column-overbooked-flights-shouldnt-keep-us-flying/

No comments:

Post a Comment