Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How did this happen?

Sometimes, it's more than a random misspelling or not knowing the definition of a word. Sometimes I think the writers aren't even paying attention to what they're writing. Take this sentence, for example:
It's touting "no second sales" and no piracy, which probably means no "Hey, I'll see trade you BioShock for Prince of Persia!" amongst friends.
'I'll see trade you...' What does that even mean? My best guess is that the 'see' somehow sneaked its way in, oblivious to the rest of the sentence. But how? And how did it make it all the way to print?

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/24/gdc09-rearden-studios-introduces-onlive-game-service-and-micro/

Update: Ludwig Kietzmann of Joystiq wrote me to say that he corrected this error.

No comments:

Post a Comment