Monday, March 23, 2009

First!!!

Wow, I wasn't expecting a first post so quickly. I'll be taking these examples from actual posts that I read, so there may be some time between my posts, depending on quality.

Anyway, here's the first post I found in need of some editing. I present to you the egregious error in the context of the containing sentence:
Honestly, the serieshas been headed down an action road for a long time, and series like Silent Hill have long since usurped whatever psychological oomph Resident Evil may have had.
Did you catch it? Go ahead, read it again. That's right. There in the third word - 'serieshas' - it's a simple little thing, really. Forgetting to put in a space between two words. But it's something that could be avoided by a simple little spell check. Even as I'm typing this, Firefox's built-in spell checker is lighting up on that one. What do editors do, if not run a quick F7 on every article they get?

Source: http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/03/19/the-guide-gears-of-evil/

Update: This error has been corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment